Why consider an aged care agency?
Friends and family can have the best intentions at heart but they may not be the best option as a full time care solution, especially when so many of us have busy lives. Similarly, the aged often need assistance but don't want to go into residential care – particularly when they are still of sound mind and have built so many memories in their home. When dealing with aging, the last thing you may want to do is be unsettled in a new residence and unfamiliar surroundings.
Typically an aged care agency provides the following services:
- Personal care – such as bathing, clothing or grooming
- Housework – cleaning, laundry
- Supervision of medicine dispensing as directed by a registered nurse
- Healthcare – coordination of other health professionals and assisted trips to the doctor
- Meal planning and assistance
- Transport to social events
- Companionship – reading, exercise, walking
- Social support
- Carer relief part-time
- My Aged Care advice and services.