Palliative Care Australia Overview
Palliative care is specialised care required by those with serious medical illnesses and conditions. Providers specialising in palliative care Australia, offer care and support that aims to enhance a person’s quality of life when dealing with a terminal or life-limiting illness. It helps people live their life as fully and as comfortably as possible.
When it comes to palliative care Australia, a team is usually formed comprising of medical and care professionals to provide the most holistic approach to the care as possible. Palliative care can be given at any stage of a person’s illness and may include the following steps:
- Meeting with you and discussing with you the disease and diagnosis.
- Helping you to better understand your personal situation anytime you need.
- Provide relief for your symptoms
- Liaise with your medical team to provide the best care
- Help you come to decisions surrounding your treatment (if you want it)
- Clarify your treatment goals and options.
Palliative care is essential for improving the quality of life during your diagnosis and dealing with your illness – nobody should have to go through these challenges alone! All the family and friends should know that their loved one has the highest level of care at this difficult time.