Responsibilities & Duties for Aged Care Jobs Brisbane
Part of the everyday responsibilities for aged care jobs include:
- Assisting the aged with personal grooming that may include washing and dressing
- Food preparation
- Housekeeping duties such as cleaning, doing laundry, general maintenance of the home
- Monitoring the client’s condition
- Arranging transportation to appointments or social gatherings
- Providing emotional support
- Positively engaging with the patient
- Liaising with other healthcare professionals and the family
- Organising social activities for the client, which will help stimulate their emotions and intellect
- Updating and maintaining the client’s records and paperwork.
Part of the responsibility of a support worker may include working an evening shift and in other cases night shifts in the client’s home.