Beacon Support is an approved provider for the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
How can we help you?
Our help will depend on where you are on your NDIS journey.
With each of the below scenarios, is an example of how we can assist you.
Scenario 1: NDIS not in your area yet:
Beacon Support can assist you to prepare for your “planner meeting”, by helping you consider what supports you would like included in your plan.
We are able to send you a planning document that helps you consider your goals and needs prior to your planning meeting.
Scenario 2: You have had your planning meeting and you are looking for approved service providers:
Here is a list of the Supports that Beacon Support can provide you under the Plan heading “CORE SUPPORTS”:
Core Supports enable you to complete activities of daily living and enable you to work towards their goals and meet their objectives.
- Assistance with self-care activities during daytime weekdays, evenings, Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays, night-time sleepovers, active overnight support.
- Assistance to access community, social and rec activities – individual – weekdays, evenings, Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
- Assistance with personal domestic services (assisting you to do basic house and yard work) – developing your skills to maintain the home environment.
- Specialised home based assistance for a child (specialist assistance in the home required due to additional requirements of the child’s disability; may be provided to strengthen the sustainability of informal supports);
- House cleaning and other household activities (performing essential house cleaning activities that you are not able to undertake);
- SUPPORTED INDEPENDENT LIVING (SIL) – Providing assistance in a shared living arrangement – lower and standard needs.
- Please note, our area of expertise is in the area of supporting people with high and complex needs, especially health needs. We do not have the advanced expertise of supporting people with complex and challenging behaviours. If you are unsure above of our service area, simply call us, so we can clarify it for you.
Scenario 3: You have your plan and you are looking to change to a new approved service provider:
As above in Scenario 2. We apply the NDIS core supports rates, so your hours of support are easy to calculate.
Scenario 4: You are looking for someone to do your Support Coordination.
If you are looking for an approved provider for Support Coordination, we are able to provide this. However, from an economics point of view, we would prefer if we were also providing you the above listed Core Supports.
Why? Because that way, your money is more efficiently spent in the day to day provision of your supports.
We are all developing our understanding of the NDIS one step at a time, and we are happy to share our knowledge and learn more.
Our goals are: (1) for you to have enough information to make the best decisions possible and (2) that we support you as well and enabled by the NDIS
Any questions, call.